The holidays are fast approaching, and what better way could you celebrate than by bringing your business’s website up to speed? Website design and maintenance may be the best investment you make this year in growing and expanding your business; in fact, it is not an exaggeration to say that it is very difficult to maintain a business these days without a strong web presence, no matter what type of business you operate.
Here are a few facts about businesses and websites that may help you make the decision to finally take the step to update your website:
- Nearly three-quarters of all small businesses have a website. In a few years, this number may approach 90 percent. Even if you don’t think you need a website, you should understand that at least three-quarters of your competitors already have one!
- More than one-third of people give up on poorly-designed websites. In a recent survey, 38 percent of people confessed to simply closing a browser or moving on to another website when they encountered a frustrating experience. Customers want easy-to-find data, a manageable website, and quick, clickable links to the information they seek. If they don’t find it, they are very likely to leave your website, never to return.
- Slow loading leads to lost customers. If your website is designed improperly, your pages will not load quickly on both desktop and mobile devices. In fact, it is best practice to design your website to function equally well on both platforms, as customers use both to engage. If a website is particularly slow-loading, at least 20 percent of customers will leave for each second of lag time. This translates to a nearly 90 percent loss of browsing customers in about ten seconds. It is critical that you have the right design for your website as well as regular maintenance to ensure that it is functioning properly.
- Customers frequently abandon their carts. The smaller the screen, the more likely it is that a cart will be abandoned, so it is particularly important that your website is optimized for mobile devices such as phones. It is also important to have a system in place to nudge customers if they leave items behind. Sometimes a gentle reminder or follow-up is all it takes to turn a hesitant customer into a satisfied one!
- One-fifth of all businesses suffer from slow traffic. Without a strong SEO strategy, it doesn’t matter how well-designed your website is; no one will find it. It is important to have a good keyword strategy and other SEO components ready so that your business shows up at the top of the search engines when your customers look for you.
If you are ready to optimize your business website for the holidays, contact Caldiatech! We are ready to help you with all of your needs, no matter what type of business you have. Call us today to speak to one of our friendly and knowledgeable professionals.