In a world in which everyone seems to be on social media, it may still not be apparent what a good social marketing campaign can do for your business. By harnessing the power of social media, you can exponentially increase your reach and bring a vast new audience to your website. No matter what business you have, this makes good marketing sense.
Social media has been shown to give a very high return on investment or ROI for your marketing dollars. In most cases, social media marketing returns every penny spent in increased traffic to your site, and in many cases, you earn far more from this traffic than you spent on your marketing campaign.
If social media marketing is so successful, why are so many business owners skeptical or concerned about using social media? There are a few reasons, including:
- Lack of knowledge about how to operate social media. While it may be fun to browse Facebook or Twitter, many business owners have little understanding of how to plan and carry out a targeted marketing campaign with these or other social media platforms. This makes many people afraid to tackle an extended social media plan, particularly one that requires an investment of advertising funds.
- Fear of mishandling. Social media platforms are becoming the front lines of battle for businesses, with viewers and followers ready to pounce on any perceived infraction. The simplest of messages can be misinterpreted or hijacked, causing the company consternation, embarrassment and perhaps even money. Because social media has to be handled so carefully to avoid giving offense, some businesses simply choose to disavow its use altogether, electing to miss out on its potential benefits for a feeling of safety.
- Lack of understanding of benefits. Many business owners simply do not realize how much money they are leaving on the table by avoiding social media. When this is pointed out, they may believe that their particular type of business would simply not benefit to a great extent from its use. By choosing not to investigate the potential benefits of social media, these companies are stifling their own advertising potential.
So what are the specific benefits of social media marketing? Professional SEO experts often use social media to do the following:
- Track trending topics to see what potential clients or customers are interested in
- Determine the frequency of various search terms used on social media platforms
- Conduct market research to determine the demand for certain products or services
All of these types of research help the business owner to get a much deeper understanding of the market and target specific groups or individuals with a unified message.
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of social media marketing, contact Caldiatech. We have been helping businesses in Boise and beyond for many years to boost their online presence through strategic social media marketing plans. Give us a call today to learn how we can help you grow your company through the power of social media!