Everyone talks about using social media as a tool to promote your business, but how can you actually do this effectively? It is very important to use social media properly, as using it ineffectively can be costly in terms of time and money. In a worst-case scenario, poor social media use can actually harm your business! Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your social media use to promote your business online and generate more traffic for your company.
- Make a plan. Successful social media campaigns do not happen by accident. A good SM plan is essential to success. You should know what type of platform you will use, how often, and what type of content you want to use. Experts recommend a regular posting schedule to build brand awareness. A bit of research can help you learn the best time of day and the best time of the week to post for optimum performance for your particular business.
- Lead with attention grabbers. Headlines, clips, and other attention grabbers can really boost your social media awareness. People tend to skim or scroll on social media, and will not usually invest reading time without a descriptive, eye-catching lead. Give users a reason to click on your content and you will draw them in.
- Create quality content. Regenerating the same content over and over will not win hearts and minds on social media. You need fresh, relevant content that engages your readers and makes them want more. You also need good images, videos, and infographics to grab your readers’ attention.
- Keep up contact. Nothing turns potential customers off more than trying to reach out to you via social media, only to be ignored. If you are going to offer a way for customers to interact with you, you must also commit to monitoring your social media and addressing questions or complaints in a timely manner. A good practice is to scan your media contacts every day. If you have any negative feedback, address it immediately. If someone has a question, answer it. Others are definitely watching how you handle your social media contacts!
- Use good SEO practices. Even if you have a great social media campaign, it will not benefit you much if your website is not optimized for search engine results. After all, your customers will ultimately be visiting and landing on your website, so be sure you pay attention to your SEO plan and invest in a good strategy for developing your pages.
At Caldiatech, we have spent decades working with Boise businesses to develop robust social media and SEO campaigns that generate consistent results. Our professionals are here to help you design and maintain websites and content that will bring clients to your door and turn them into loyal customers. Give us a call today to learn more about how we can help you develop a customized marketing strategy that works for your business and your budget.