Social media has the potential to exponentially increase your business’s advertising outreach in a very short amount of time. In fact, possibly no other advertising medium has the raw power that social media offers! However, many businesses either ignore social media entirely or make very little use of it in their advertising plan. There can be several reasons for this:
- Businesses may perceive social media as having little value. Many business owners still subscribe to the advertising mindset that getting information in front of potential clients or customers is best done by direct marketing methods: billboards, emails, phone calls, and static ad placement. What they do not realize is that social media posts can reach far more people in a much shorter time and with a better possibility of engagement than any direct marketing strategy.
- Business owners may be unsure of how to use social media. Many business owners are hesitant to embark on social media campaigns because they are simply unsure of what to do. They are not sure how often to post, what content they should share, or which platforms will give them the best return for their money. They may not realize that it takes very little effort to build and maintain an effective social media strategy with the right tools.
- Business owners may have negative perceptions of social media. Unfortunately, many people use social media for less-than-savory purposes: creating hate speech, engaging in political arguments or spreading slanderous lies about competitors. While this corner of social media is admittedly very disturbing, the vast majority of users simply want good engagement with products and companies they care about. Social media has the potential to be a very positive influence for your company with the right handling.
How Can I Start A Social Media Campaign?
There are a few things that you should think about before starting a social media campaign, including:
- Using the right platforms. Not every social media platform is appropriate for every business. In fact, trying to use too many social media platforms at once can water down your efforts and make your campaign less effective.
- Using the right content. Users want to see fresh, engaging content on your social media posts. It is very important to be sure that your content reaches your target audience and provides them with positive and uplifting posts that answer their questions.
- Using the right frequency. While it is important to post regularly to social media, it is also possible to overuse it. Creating posts at the right time is an essential component of a good social media campaign.
At Caldiatech, we have worked with many companies to design the best social media campaigns possible for their needs. Whether your business is large or small, we can design the right social media campaign that will be easy for you to manage and help you navigate the sometimes confusing aspects of posting to various platforms. Give us a call today to learn how we can help!