Local SEO has become one of the leading concerns of many businesses since the advent of the cell phone. Recent studies show that more and more people are using their phones to locate businesses in their geographical area, which means that showing up in the local search terms has become of paramount importance. However, the strategies for dominating local search markets are not necessarily the same as those for nationwide searches. When it comes to local SEO, you must have a specific plan to optimize your search results and stay visible to customers searching for you in your local area.
Five Keys To Local Search Success
There are five important things to think about when you have the goal of standing out in your local search engine results:
- Claim and optimize your Google Business profile. Google Business is often the first place people see your company. Be sure that you have claimed and optimized your listing, following the instructions given by Google. Furthermore, be sure that you routinely check and update your listing; nothing is more frustrating to potential customers than out-of-date business hours and contact information, for example.
- Update your coding. Your HTML elements, such as title, description tags, and other text, are what tell the web crawlers about your page. Make sure that this information is up to date with the latest best practices so that the web crawlers see your page clearly.
- Curate your online reviews carefully. Nearly 90 percent of people say they read online reviews before doing business with a company. You want good reviews, and the way to get them is to ask for them. Quality reviews from happy customers are like money in the bank for your business, so focus on your social media, Google Business profile, and other places and encourage satisfied customers to leave feedback. If you receive any negative reviews, be sure to address them immediately.
- Diversify your pages. By having a separate page for each of the services you offer, you make it easier for visitors to find what they are looking for. Be sure to build out separate pages for each of your individual areas or services so that those who visit your site are clear on the information they receive. Customers appreciate this, and web crawlers are more likely to recognize your content as authoritative.
- Check your business’s listings in other directories. Take the time to visit directories such as Yelp, Citysearch, and others to be sure your information is correct and up-to-date. Results from these types of websites will often show up even when your individual website does not and can lead visitors to your page, so having accurate information in them is critical. Try Googling your type of business in your city and see which directories come up most often; then see if you are listed and listed correctly. If not, explore what it will take to get your listing in these directories.
With a few tweaks and corrections, you can greatly improve your local search results and drive more business to your door from people who are already looking for you!
At Caldiatech, we have spent many years working with small businesses to help them succeed in the online world. Give us a call today to learn more about how we can help your business thrive in the web environment!