The latest predictions to come from financial experts are showing a strong holiday shopping season, with anticipated spending increases of between seven and nine percent over 2020. Some experts predict that holiday sales may exceed $1.3 trillion this year.
With more than two-thirds of this shopping occurring online, it is important for businesses to be ready for the holiday surge. Competition is fierce, and having the right website and SEO plan is crucial for success for businesses this year.
What can you do to increase your online presence and attract holiday buyers? Here are a few tips:
- Review your SEO plan with a professional. With all the pandemic disruption of the past 18 months, it is easy to see how many SEO plans that worked well in 2019 may no longer be viable. Before you spend tons of money on ads, have a professional review your current SEO strategy to see if there are ways you can become more current.
- Use data from previous years to inform your new strategy. A good SEO professional does not simply offer up predictions. Successful SEO is predicated on looking at what has worked in the past and fine-tuning it to meet the needs of the future. If you have data from past years’ sales, be sure to share this with your SEO professional.
- Create holiday-specific content. Depending on your business, you may want to create holiday-specific content with search engine terms geared to the holidays. This is a great way to target audiences who are actively looking for the products you sell.
- Ensure that your website is fresh and engaging. There are two primary concerns with a website: content and user-friendliness. Content must include the proper headings and other frameworks, as well as SEO-friendly search terms, to attract the crawlers for the major web search engines. User-friendliness attracts the customers you want. Both are extremely important considerations when designing a website. Therefore, it is critical for you and your SEO professional to take a long, honest look at your site. Does it need freshening up before the holidays?
- Create a plan for SEO. Good SEO does not simply happen. It is planned in advance by professionals with a good working knowledge of your business’s needs. By creating a plan and implementing it, you take control of the SEO process rather than being at the mercy of the search engines. This makes you a better, stronger business long after the holidays are over.
At Caldiatech, we are ready to work with you to design the right website and SEO strategy for this holiday season. Our professionals will help you determine the best way to approach holiday upgrades and how to transition back after the holiday’s end. With strong attention to your individual needs, we can help you create the perfect website and SEO plan to have more customers this holiday season. Give us a call today to learn more about how we can help!