Many business owners do not know or understand their programming language, but still want to utilize the benefits of custom-written scripts on their company websites. A great way to do this is to utilize something called PHP programming to have custom scripts for a business website.
What is PHP?
PHP stands for “Hypertext Preprocessor” and is the acronym widely used for a particular custom programming language written for a specific website. Simply put, PHP allows the user of a single website to send out commands and codes that run website scripts while concealing the actual commands of the script itself so that they cannot be copied. This not only provides a layer of protection for the website owner but also helps to streamline commands from a single source.
Unlike Java Script and other complicated client programming languages, PHP is executed on a server, making it very simple to operate for any newcomers to programming. Despite its simplicity, PHP offers many advanced features for the professional, allowing users to code for almost any type of command.
What Are the Benefits of PHP?
With a simple PHP upgrade, your website can do many things quickly and well with a minimum of time and effort on your part. For example, PHP allows your website to:
- Extrapolate data from web forms. As your clients fill out surveys or other web-based forms, PHP code can allow your website to deal with this data quickly and efficiently. This means that you see the data you need when you need it, without the “noise” of unrelated items. You can easily pick and choose what data you want to see and change your choices instantly to see other metrics.
- Generating dynamic page content. One of the biggest and best features of PHP is its ability to transform any website into dynamic, rather than static, mode. This means that your website becomes responsive to your users and can change content based on interactions. This allows you to truly tailor your visitors’ experiences to their individual preferences.
- Receiving and sending cookies. Cookies are small packages of information that form the basis of most interaction between users and websites. With the help of PHP, you can streamline your cookies and help your visitors understand the information you collect.
- Enabling custom email forms from your website. With the help of PHP, you can customize your email presentation so that you collect information needed from potential clients or customers at the touch of a button.
- Changing the look of your site. You can easily incorporate video or photo galleries, surveys, and other fresh content at will with the help of PHP. By regularly updating your website content, you also get a boost in your search engine optimization strategy, making you more “popular” on the web.
At Caldiatech, we have decades of experience in helping our clients understand and integrate cutting-edge technology. We have helped our clients incorporate PHP to manage online inventory systems, track commercial sales, collaborate with others, implement survey and response systems, opt-in for newsletters and other content, and manage data easily. Call us today to learn more about how we can help you harness the power of PHP in your own website system.