Holiday sales are the number-one boost for most retail companies, but with the pandemic, the 2020 holiday season was uncertain and the 2021 season promises to be even more so. While more people are shopping online, fewer people have the money to spend on lavish holiday gifts. The upshot is that the market is tightening, and boosting your online presence now can give you a jump on the upcoming competition for holiday sales at the end of the year.
How can you boost your holiday sales? Here are a few options that work well for retailers and can help you beef up your online presence in advance of the holiday season:
- Offer vouchers or coupons with a built-in time limit. Limiting the time someone has to take action on a coupon code or voucher prompts him or her to act. Targeting vouchers and coupon codes to seasonal products and uses is also a great way to hone your sales to active buyers. Develop a year-long calendar of discounts, vouchers and coupons that will attract buyers to your site, and promote them with SEO and social media.
- Speaking of social media . . . Your social media accounts can do much of the heavy lifting for any product, and will establish your company as one that customers think of first. Targeting static ads on Instagram and Facebook is a good strategy, but don’t forget the power of videos and live feeds as well.
- Use the #hashtag. Hashtags are like a built-in filing system—they categorize your products under headings that people search for. Doing a bit of hashtag research can pay off in the long run, but be careful not to fall into the trap of using an overused hashtag or one that has negative connotations.
- Utilize your existing customer base. Every customer these days is connected to the rest of the world through the Internet, so why not tap into that power and use it to promote your brand? Offer free gifts to those who “like” your products on social media, or to those who act as brand ambassadors. Run a contest to increase interest in your brand and to push your customers to engage and share your message with others.
- Make sure your website is up to date. With online shopping becoming the predominant way to engage your customers, be sure your website is user-friendly and up-to-date. There is nothing more frustrating for an online shopper than finding out, after spending time filling up a cart, that items are not to be found or have been depleted. Make sure you invest in a good inventory system, and track your sales to be sure you replace items as they are sold. Further, make sure it is easy for your customers to log in, shop, buy and ship their items.
Caldiatech(tm) can help you prepare for the holiday season, even 9 months in advance! Call us today and get started cleaning up your website and putting yourself in the best position to take advantage of the new spike in online sales.